In conjunction with SPACE Consulting*, OE Cam has completed pan-european research to explore the critical human factors in the innovation process and understand the implications for leaders, teams and culture. The second in our series of webinars to explore what’s working (and what is not) in innovation programmes in Europe is at 11am GMT on Thursday 8th December and will focus on Leadership.
Leaders play a vital role in reshaping the innovation ‘DNA’ of an organisation by envisioning, energising and enabling new ideas…
Our research suggests that they are the catalysts of innovation and without them, nothing would happen. We have identified six factors that leadership needs to influence to encourage innovation:
- Driving ideas – the charismatic leader acts an idea generator or catalyst, removing any ‘blocks’ to innovation.
- Setting a new managerial mindset – sponsoring, steering and motivating innovation teams. It is a balancing act between control, support and empowerment.
- Coaching and collaboration – coaching senior managers in supporting innovative behaviour and thinking as part of a collaborative leadership approach.
- Embracing the concept of risk – it can be challenging to find the right level of risk, whilst pursuing (unpredictable) innovative efforts.
- Tolerating failure – slowly, leaders are not only becoming ‘failure-tolerant’, but actually encouraging failure with the purpose of learning from it and improving.
- Dealing with the hierarchical structure – traditional, complex and less flexible hierarchical structures may hinder innovative practice. Top management proximity and receptivity to innovation teams are instead crucial for the team’s motivation and success. New ways of overseeing and facilitation are therefore required.
This free, 30 minute webinar will expand upon these factors in more detail through case studies and practical tips.
To register your place, please click below:Register for Webinar
To download the Executive Summary of our research report “Human DNA in Innovation“, please click here. All webinar attendees will receive a complimentary copy of the full report.
Innovation webinar series:
Thursday 24 November 2016 “Teams – at the heart of innovation” – download a recording of the webinar here
Thursday 8 December 2016 “Leadership – innovation maker or breaker?”
Thursday 19 January 2017 “Innovation: culture & transformation – the innovation enabler”
* SPACE Consulting Europe is a strategic alliance of leading European management consulting firms. We help organisations work more effectively to deliver their strategy by improving their behavioural, cultural, structural and economic dimensions. SPACE operates in seven offices across Europe, with more than 200 consultants, for both public and private organisations.